Monday, December 30, 2013
A Great Gatsby Holiday Party
The twenties made a huge comeback this year from the mesmerizing movie on the big screen to inspiring everything from fashion to home decor. We got into the spirit last weekend by celebrating the holidays with our closest friends at our gatsby-themed party. I have a love for anything art deco so it was a blast to plan and decorate for the party. I found that some simple decor with black, white, and gold as the main colours can instantly transform the place to the era of lavishness and decadence. Whether it's for New Years Eve, a birthday, or a stagette, a great gatsby inspired party is always a good idea! A little party never killed nobody, right?
Jay Gatsby would be happy to know that we had a champagne tower, plenty of hors d'oeuvre, beautifully decorated custom cookies by The Whisk, a huge fancy frill ballon by Confetti & Co, and a fun photobooth from Legendary Photobooth Vancouver!
Here are the Great Gatsby Party Essentials:
- A 20's Dress Code (Beaded, sequins, feathers, fur, headpieces, you get the idea!)
- Champagne (lots of it)
- Hors d'oeuvre (Deviled eggs, stuffed mushrooms etc)
- Lights (Twinkle lights or candles)
- Balloons (check out Confetti & Co)
- Art Deco dessert (check out The Whisk)
- Photobooth (check out Legendary Photobooth)
Happy Party Planning ;)
Wishing you all a Happy New Year! Cheers!