Friday, August 16, 2013
Easy One Pan Pasta
The boy and I have been experimenting with different recipes lately and we're particularly drawn to easy ones that fit into our busy life. This one pan pasta recipe by Martha Stewart looked easy enough and turned out to be amazing so I thought I would share it with you all. It's a simple and flavorful dish - there is very little prep work and barely anything to clean up! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.
- 12 ounces linguine
- 12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs basil, plus torn leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
1. Combine pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red-pepper flakes, basil, oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and water in a large straight-sided skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil mixture, stirring and turning pasta frequently with tongs, until pasta is al dente and water has nearly evaporated, about 9 minutes.
2. Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide among 4 bowls, and garnish with basil. Serve with oil and Parmesan
Source: Martha Stewart