Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Zig-Zaggity

Dorothy Perkins blouse, EXPRESS skirt, F21 Necklace, LOVECOCO, Brian Atwood shoes


US retail invasion? I think so! First it was Anthropologie, then J.Crew, and now EXPRESS. Oh, and Nordstrom is coming soon! I don't mind it as that means more options for us Canadian shoppers. I went to check out the first EXPRESS location in Vancouver last week. Having only shopped there for smart tops and dress pants for work, I was ecstatic when I saw this sequined miniskirt in a Missoni-esque pattern! Missoni is famous for their signature zigzag pattern but I couldn't quite justify splurging on a mini skirt.  I'm glad I found a similar look for a fraction of the price. I paired it here with a simple yellow sleeveless Dorothy Perkins top and my beloved lilac Brian Atwood pumps, but I love how this multi-coloured skirt can go well with a range of shades. I can see myself wearing this skirt all summer long!






17 comments:

lisa said...

So pretty and summery! The skirt was definitely a good find.

Beautygirl24 said...

That skirt is amazing! I love zig-zag print, and have a chevron themed post coming ;) That's great that you guys are getting more US retailers, but I wish we were getting more Canadian stores here!

Marisa said...

I am totally lusting over your lilac Brian Atwood pumps! So stunning, and that skirt is such a great find.

Marisa
http://style-rhapsody.blogspot.com

Andrés Corella said...

That´s a really beautiful skirt..great pattern and hello killer shoes!!!

hugs
Andy
The Black Label

Love Cardelia said...

I love this outfit..the colors are so pretty and that skirt is fabulous ;)

xx
Julie
lovecardelia.blogspot.com/

Maggie ☮ said...

Soo the skirt on a hanger does not stand a chance! I wish Express would use your photo in this styling as advertisements instead because I've never seen it look this good on anyone. I almost didn't recognize it! One of my managers actually helped open the store in Canada! ...<3 LOVE LOVE LOVE Express lol

Jyoti said...

That is a gorgeous skirt! I love all the subtle colours in it!

Jen said...

You look so beautiful Carolina - I never would have guessed that the skirt was Express! It is beautifully paired with the pastel colours and I like that you used studs to make it less girly. Also, can we talk about how amazing your hair looks (again)?! Tutorials please!

Hope you're having a great week!
xo
Jen

Asher said...

I love absolutely everything about that outfit. That skirt is fabulous - especially paired with the yellow top. The jewelry? Fabulous! Those heels? Suuuuuper fab!!!

Annette Tang said...

hi gorgeous!!! how are you?

Love this skirt and um yes the Atwoods!!!

x0
annette

meisha moo said...

I love your skirt! Nicely put together.

Kelly Yeh said...

Your blog is amazing! You make a great model, great pictures! Already a follower =)

<3 Kelly
SavvySelections.blogspot.com

Refleksja said...

WOW! Amazing outfit! Love your skirt :)

Clara Turbay said...

Your ideas inspire and make you dream.

carolina said...

oh so pretty!!! love it so much! :) please check out my blog and if you like it we can follow each other

❤ http://thefrench-fries.blogspot.pt/

Ms. Grace said...

Cute outfit!

Preslava Tsacheva said...

Great skirt and shirt. I really like this combination :)

http://gamesoffashion.blogspot.com/

xoxo, press

Post a Comment